Friday, February 27, 2009

Reflections on the Online Virtual World

I recently posted a blog entry regarding global-village idiots, inter-nitwits and the virtual online world which is their "domain"...

Truth be told, I still come across those kinds of characters every so often... Then again, the virtual world is, in a sense, a reflection of the real world... I think I'm starting to hear Morpheus (The Matrix Movie) somewhere in the background...

In the same above-mentioned blog entry, I also mentioned that I participate from time to time in an online browser-based game in Facebook called "Street Racing". If memory serves me right, I think its also where I chanced upon one of the inter-nitwits...

Lately, my life has taken a rather slow but nonetheless drastic sort of change... Gone were the days that my life revolves around three primary locations: Home - Office - Internet. Nowadays, I've started to hang out with real people more often... Be it with my girlfriend, my buddies/ playmates from Timezone, my buddies from work, or even clients, I always find myself in the presence and company of real and live people instead of going online.

True, I'm starting to go home later that the usual... but somehow, I'm starting to enjoy it... Although its part of my job as a sales agent to "meet and greet" people, I'm really, really starting to enjoy the way things are going right now...

Recently, the only reasons as to why I'm going online nowadays are to either update my blog entries (such as this one) or to just check my e-mail from friends, colleagues and clients. No longer would I go online for the sole purpose of playing games... I recently checked my account in Street Racing and I found a number of challenges left behind by some people. Apparently one of them also happens to be a "friend" of mine who also happens to be a genuine and bonafide INTER-NITWIT. Anyway, that's just a game and has little or no bearing to my status in the real world... Checking through the list of challenges, there was a large portion of me that wants to level-up my character and get even with them... BUT... there is an even larger part of me that wants to leave the "virtual and online game" aspect of my life and focus on what's in store for me in the real world... Simply put, I'm about to delete my account at Street Racing as soon as I can find out how I can delete it...

Come to think of it, the more I get to explore my world, the REAL WORLD, which I didn't really get to do before, the less appealing the virtual world gets; attending to a client's requirements for real estate, having a drink or two with some of my office buddies, having a nice little dinner with my girlfriend, and the list goes on and on...

Pardon me dear reader for the erractic flow of thought and the sub-standard grammar as I am currently writing this blog entry under drowsy conditions: my eyes are slowly closing, my mind is starting to fly around wherever and whenever, and my body is looking for my bed...

In any case, my online gaming days are practically over as I now switch gears towards my life in the real world...

No comments:

Post a Comment